Afropreachers – Zola Bantu school outreach is an effort to educate secondary school (High
school) students in Africa. Previously, Afropreachers Community has been reaching out to
secondary schools to organize a two hours seminars aimed at enlighten secondary school
students (i.e Aficans within the age of 10-19 years) on subject such as;
● Sex education (How to resist sexual related bullies)
● Self reliance/Self development
● Career choice.
Afropreachers Community was able to reach out to a few schools in Ibadan, Nigeria within its
limited capacity. Students, teachers and school authorities were receptive towards the program
and the program has proven to be a good tool to reach out to young Africans.
However, due to the limited capacity of Afropreachers Community it was difficult for
Afropreachers Community to run the project alone consistently. It was also difficult to cover a
wide range of audience, hence Zola Bantu agreed to collaborate with Afropreachers Community
to form a stronger force to reach out to young Africans through the school outreach project.
Afropreachers – Zola Bantu school outreach collaboration will likely take a new/better look in
planning and execution as various ideas on how to improve the project are being put forward.
The aims of this project are subject to change or improvement as planning meetings are being
held. However, the original aims of the program are;
- To interact with young Africans in order to get their perspectives towards Africa and
issues that affect Africans.
- To educate young Africans in subjects such as career choice, African History, self
reliance, sex education, etc.
- To instill a Pan-African mentality in young Africans and to connect them with their African
origin. To make young Africans love and believe in their societies.
The project planning meetings will discuss on the following;
- Scope of the program: This would decide on how many countries the program will reach
and how many schools would be targeted in each country.
- Volunteers/Human resources: This would decide on how to source for volunteers to
facilitate the project. This would also decide on how many volunteers/facilitators will be
needed for the required scope.
- Training of facilitators/Volunteers: This would decide on the best method to be used on
training the volunteers/facilitators of the program.
- Marketing: Thi would decide on the best way to reach out to the schools and sell the
program to the public.
- Finance: This would evaluate the resource and finance that would be needed for the
program. It would also decide on how to raise the finance towards the project.
- Monitoring and evaluation: This would decide on the best method to monitor the program
progress and to make sure the program stays on track and so not derail from the original
- Rewards: This would evaluate the effect of this project on the growth, influence or
reputation of the collaborating organizations.
Moreover, any other matter in regards to the success of the program will be discussed.
Volunteers Training Videos
School Outreach Project Volunteers Training 1: Pan-Africanism
School Outreach Project Volunteers Training 2: African History
School Outreach Project Volunteers Training 3: Sex Education
School Outreach Project Volunteers Training 4: Career Development
School Outreach Project Volunteers Training 5: Reading Culture